Below, please enjoy our ENDS statements, adopted June 10, 2020. These Ends Statements are part of a living process that will inevitably evolve as we engage more with our community.
PACE exists to fulfill the need on the Eastside for a cultural heart that transforms the community.
The community will together take a critical step in creating a great city.
- A world-class arts organization will serve, educate, and entertain the Eastside in the heart of its ‘downtown’.
- Culture and entertainment will be a strength with which Eastside businesses recruit talent.
- PACE will be a hallmark public-private partnership.
- PACE will provide an opportunity for many to give meaningful expression to their wealth.
- PACE’s development of a new generation of funders will extend the Eastside’s tradition of meaningful civic engagement.
- The Eastside market will recognize and reward PACE’s excellence in governance, programming, and community engagement.
- Increased state, county, and eastside cities’ funds will be allocated to Eastside arts organizations.
A living, breathing, cultural hub will advance Eastside residents’ cultural experiences and community pride.
- The Eastside community will hold gatherings and events made possible by the size, scale, and technological capabilities of PACE venues which include a 2,000+ seat flexible performance hall, tech studio theatre, and ample public spaces.
- Eastside students of all ages will experience arts education across multiple disciplines.
- PACE’s leadership as an umbrella organization enables smaller arts groups to thrive.
- Eastside teachers looking to foster analytical, practical, and creative thinking will have an arts integration resource.
- A collaborative, motivated professional team will build and flourish within an intentional culture.
Eastside audiences will delight in sharing deep and rich experiences.
- Meaningful artistic entertainment – the ultimate luxury – will be delivered to the entire Eastside community.
- PACE’s offerings will enrich the Eastside by distinctively reflecting the community: “can-do”, immigrant, and tech-savvy.
- Our diverse audience will enjoy a variety of quality artistic and entertainment experiences that include traditional, fun, relevant, creative, and cutting-edge.
- Unconstrained by conventional resident companies, PACE will appeal to all by the program variety presented.
- PACE will be a welcoming place for everyone who visits or performs there.
- Established Pacific Northwest performing arts and presenting organizations will reach a broader audience by playing also on the Eastside.